Introductory Paragraph: (possible 4 points)
1.______ point: *Periodization analyzes how historical events are organized into blocks of time, and if necessary addresses competing models of periodization of US history.
2.______ point: *Contextualization Situates the argument by explaining the broader historical events, developments, or processes immediately relevant to the Period.
3.______ point: Road Map sentence outline the points to be discussed in the argument
4._____ point: *Thesis Statement
5.______ point: *Reading analysis (possible 1 point)
You must explain the significance of ONE of the following:
- Historical context
- Point of view of the Author
- Purpose of the Author
- ______ point: *Outside Information (possible 1 points)
Provides an example or additional piece of specific evidence beyond those found in the reading to support or qualify the argument.
- ______ point: *Synthesis (possible 1 point)
EXPLAINING THE CONNECTIONS between the argument and
1) A development in a different historical period, situation, era or geographical area, or
2) a course theme and/or approach to history that is not the focus of the essay (such as political, economic, social, cultural, or intellectual history).
- ______ point: Writing Quality (1 Point)spelling, grammar, and capitalization, handwriting.
_____ TOTAL Points (possible 8 points)
*Also required in the APUSH DBQ.